The presence of your business online is quite important. It is hard to imagine a successful business without a good website. Building your business website is not an easy task. The content must be carefully crafted to include relevant keywords. But once your content is done, the next important factor for online success is the hosting of your site.
There are a couple of hosting types that suit commercial websites. There are also dozens of service providers. With so many options, it is difficult to decide which one you should choose for your commercial site. To help you decide, we have reviewed Host-world.com. This provider offers two types of hosting: dedicated and virtual private server. If you are unfamiliar with these terms, we will briefly explain them below.
As the name implies, in this hosting modality, the resources of an entire server are dedicated to your site exclusively. It means that you have control over all the performance parameters of the server. You can control the security access to the server. In a nutshell, this is the best type of hosting for a business website. However, it comes at a cost. In most cases, the rental cost of a dedicated server can be quite high. Consequently, only larger companies can afford to host their sites on dedicated servers. To learn more about this alternative, please visit Host-world.com/dedicated.
Virtual Private Server
A VPS is a more affordable hosting alternative. This is a type of shared hosting. However, your site is allocated a virtual server in which you have control over most performance parameters. You can have the control and functionality of a dedicated server at a much lower cost. However, since the virtual platform runs on a shared physical server, the performance is not as good as for a dedicated server. However, this is a good alternative for small and mid-sized businesses. If you are interested in this alternative, you can learn more about it on Host-world.com/VPS.
Which Type of Server is the Right for You?
As stated, the type of server depends on several factors. Will your site have a lot of multimedia content (photos, videos, etc.)? Do you expect many visitors? All these requirements have to be weighed to determine which type of hosting server meets them well. Budget is also important. In most cases, the cost of the service determines whether to hire it or not. To help you assess and compare the different proposals of this provider, we have prepared the following list. It includes the most important technical aspects to pay attention to in a hosting package:
- Bandwidth. This technical characteristic determines the performance and availability of your site in heavy-traffic conditions. If your site is an e-shop, you should get as much bandwidth as possible. The least you want is your site to crash and become available during a sale event (Black Friday, for example);
- Storage. This refers to the disk capacity. Pay attention to this characteristic if your site has a lot of multimedia content. You need enough space to store all your content and a little bit more if you plan on adding more content in the future. The most commonly offered technology is traditional HDD storage. However, for faster reading and writing, you should get SSD storage. If you want even faster reading and writing, consider getting NVMe technology for the SSD storage;
- Operating System. Depending on the type of applications you have on your site, Linux or Windows should be chosen. If you are unsure about which operating system your website needs, ask the web developer. You don’t want to hire a plan just to find that your applications are incompatible with the operating system;
- Uptime. This is the percentage of time that your website will be online. Ideally, this value is 100%. However, for unforeseen reasons and maintenance, hosting providers never guarantee 100% uptime. You should get the higher uptime possible, preferably above 98%. Being offline for long can affect the profitability of your business, especially if your site is an e-shop;
- Security. Last but not least, you must ensure that the hosting plan you choose guarantees the security of your information. A firewall is a must. Also, make sure the hosting provider performs daily backups. In the event of a cyber-attack or disaster, you’ll be able to recover your information.
With this knowledge, you can compare more easily the different packages that Host-world.com offers. Let’s take a detailed look at them.
Host-world.com Review: General Features
This hosting provider has a large server infrastructure located in 17 countries. This is an advantage in terms of service speed and redundancy. Moreover, you have the opportunity to select a hosting location near your business’ headquarters. This is useful if your technical staff needs to visit the physical location of your hosting server. For instance, if your company is based in Europe, a Moldova VPS location could work out very well.
The uptime of your website with this hosting provider will be 99.9%. You can hardly get a better uptime guarantee on the market. But, how much do the services cost? Let’s see the pricing of the different packages available.
Host-world.com Review: Pricing for a Dedicated Server
As mentioned, the rental of a dedicated server is not the cheapest. This hosting provider offers different dedicated server packages. The monthly rental prices go from 79 Euros up to 900 Euros. An example of a package for 79 Euros a month is the 1xIntel Xeon Quad-Core E3-1270. This dedicated server is located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The CPU is 4x 3.40 GHz (Single Quad Core). The package provides 16 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage.
An example of a package for 900 Euros a month is the Intel Xeon 2×10-Core Xeon E5-2650 V3. This is a dedicated server located in Guadalajara, Mexico. You get 20 CPU cores with 64 GB of RAM, 1 TB of storage, and 30 Mb/s of bandwidth. This server has a lot of processing capacity. However, the rental price may be too high for small businesses.
Host-world.com Review: Pricing for a VPS
Host-world.com offers more economic alternatives for its budget-conscious customers. The monthly rental prices for a VPS go from 6 Euros up to 100 Euros. An example of the former is the package KVM VPS 2 GB. This is a VPS server located in Frankfurt, Germany. In this package, you get a CPU 2x Xeon Core with 2 GB of RAM and 30 GB of storage.
An example of a VPS for 100 Euros a month is the KVM VPS 16 GB package. This VPS comes with a CPU 4x Xeon Core and 16 GB of RAM. In this case, you get a bandwidth of 100 Mbit port. However, there are many other alternatives below this price.
Host-world.com Review: Customer Support
Host-world.com is one of those companies that assist the customer in all the stages of the hosting process. If you have any doubt about the plan that’s most convenient for you, a team of specialists will help you. After signing a contract, the company will provide you with all the help you need in case of a problem. Any technical support will be handled and resolved in the shortest time possible. Moreover, this service is multilingual.
By comparing the quality of the different packages and their cost, we conclude that Host-world.com offers great deals. Whether you need a dedicated server or a VPS, this provider has the right solution at the right price. Moreover, you get rapid and efficient customer support. We cannot do anything else but recommend this hosting provider.